Omigosh this is the best Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies recipe EVER! I found it surfing around the web looking for something to make my kids for dessert last night, made them after dinner and within an hour they were gone :)
I had to use vegan spread instead of margarine because it was all I had, and omitted the chocolate chips (couldn't find any that were vegan) so I needed to add a little more flour...but they turned out so good, and were very easy to make!
Tell me whatcha think!
Vegan Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies
Makes about 26 cookies
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup margarine
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup soy milk
½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup chocolate chips
* Mix flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
* In a separate bowl, cream together the margarine, sugar, and brown sugar. When combined, mix in the soy milk.
* Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix.
* In a separate bowl, mix the powdered sugar and peanut butter with a spoon or your hands.When ingredients are incorporated, add the chocolate chips and knead further with your hands to incorporate the chocolate chips.
* Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
* Take about a 2 or 3 tablespoons of the chocolate dough in your hand, and roll into a ball.Flatten the ball on the parchment paper to form a disk. Take a pinch or about 1 teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture and place in the center of the disk. Fold the edges of the disk up and over the peanut butter, pressing the seams together. Place the cookie seam-side down on the parchment paper to bake.
* Bake for 8-12 minutes in a preheated 350° oven.
**Original recipe and pic found at http://macandcheesereview.blogspot.com